Sunday, October 25, 2015

23rd of June 2009

I was restless last night, think it was the anticipation of seeing the surgeon today. Glen and Moira were here when he came around this morning.

He said I was doing really well and could move to the general ward as there was nothing more they could do for me. That's when Glen and Moira asked if they could take me home instead. I've got to say I held my breath.

Doc said he didn't see any reason why not, as long as I take it easy and follow instructions. Of course anybody who knows me, knows my track record with instructions, but hey, what you going to do?

So, it looks like I'm going home!

Glen and Moira are getting the paperwork done, while I'm climbing the walls, and then we are out of here.


-----

Okay that was not as easy as I thought. Five hours in the back seat of a car when you've just had your leg and hip sewn back on, may not have been one of my best ideas, but hey we got here. Fortunately we took plenty of breaks. Going cold turkey off morphine is not fun though. Only found out Moira had some with her when we got back to their place. Bugger!

But truth be told, I've decided to get off them anyway. Don't think that's a habit I want to add to my list.

I'm a bit sore to say the least, and heading to my makeshift bed in the sitting room. Glen's bought me a plastic mug with a lid on it so I can make my own cups of tea and have a hope of getting them back to the settee. Learning to do everything on crutches is a challenge. It will be a while before they let me put weight on my smashed leg again.

I've got to say it's nice to smell the salt air and hear the birds tweeting again. It's a relief to be on home turf.

Got to get a good night's sleep tonight because tomorrow is day one of my search for Alcyone.


-----

Read the whole story - Nemesis

No comments:

Post a Comment