Friday, October 16, 2015

15th of June 2009

They tell me I've been in an accident. I didn't believe them at first. I couldn't believe them, but here I am all trussed up in hospital, and unless I can wake myself up out of this, it's the reality I have to live with, for now.

Thinking back I have a vague memory of swearing at the surgeon. It's there, a bit blurry, but it happened.

He was busy telling me what he was going to do to me.

"You can go fuck yourself, mate," I said, still thinking I had to swim down to the deep to save her, to rescue her from the darkness.


What he said next got my attention.

"Mr Duffy, you've been in a car accident."

That took the wind out of my sales, and, confused, I surrendered.

"Okay then, do what you need to do."

The next thing I remember is my sister Ellen's voice, which is strange because she's been gone from this world for over a decade, God rest her beautiful soul. I keep hearing her voice, telling me, "get up, John get up."

So I did.

Well that didn't go too well, cause as tough as I think I am, I passed out.

Yesterday wasn't much better, but I'm going to try again today.

Somehow I know that once I start to walk, I'll be able to get out of here. I'll be able to go look for Alcyone.

I think they have it mixed up. I was in a shipwreck, not a car accident. Once I get out of here I'll be able to get it straight, and no one's going to stop me.

So that's the plan for today.

I've got a job to do.

Buy Nemesis: From the Diaries of Captain John Duffy by Elisabetta L. Faenza


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Our goal is for there to be one diary entry most days. Glad you like it. You'll love Nemesis. It's all about your wee cousin.

      Delete