Saturday, October 24, 2015

22nd of June 2009

Eight bloody days and nights I've been in this hospital. Everywhere I go I am shackled to a machine that monitors me and a morphine drip. I've not attempted a second shower. Slept like I'd run a marathon after yesterday's effort.

I'm going to need and extraction team if this goes on much longer, but looks like I might be getting out soon.

Glen and Moira came to see me this morning. They must have left at sparrow fart to get here from the Bay. They were here non-stop for the first few days until I woke up and they knew I was going to make it. They went home to sort things out and back up today to check on me. It was so good to see family.

I can't imagine what it was like for Moira to see me like that when they air-lifted me from Batemans Bay to Sydney the night of the accident. I know how I'd feel if the roles were reversed. I could see it in her face the first time I came round.

Glen says they've had a good chat with the doctors, and they are astounded by my recovery, so I might not have to stay here much longer.

I cannot sleep now, I'm wide awake. Just the possibility that I might get out of the intensive unit into the normal ward has me pretty excited.

The doctors are going to come around tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment